Due to popular demand, in 2021 the 8th National Lymphoedema Conference will run twice - on Thursday 18th February in Manchester and Thursday 25th February in London, allowing more people the chance to get involved.
The conferences will bring together the leading specialists in the discipline to present and inspire discussion on the issues and debates that are most relevant to lymphoedema treatment and research today.
Attending the conference will provide insight into the latest developments in lymphoedema management, give you a thorough understanding of what to measure when assessing patients with lymphoedema and chronic oedema, and give you the opportunity to understand how lymphoedema affects and interacts with the lower limb, the head and neck, and on exercise. It will also highlight the challenges in managing leg ulcers and give you a chance to share and exchange your ideas with other professionals in the field.
Highlights from the programme:
- Oedema in unusual areas of the body: head/neck, trunk/genitals, breast
- Updates on the European Lipoedema Association to be launched at the British Lymphology Society conference on 6 October
- Talk on the Journal of Wound Care supplement on lipoedema, discussing a paradigm shift and consensus
- Lymphoedema clinical nurse specialists
- Community nurses with an interest in Lymphoedema treatment
- Nurse specialists in disciplines that overlap with Lymphoedema (e.g. dermatology)
- Nurse consultants developing their practice and training others
This event is only open to HCPs, if you would like to attend and you are from industry, you will have to attend as an exhibitor. Please contact George Allen for further information.
The Lymphoedema Conference is always very informative, showing how treatments have evolved. The exhibitors always show new and updated products. Thank you - I look forward to the next year
Having a free event is so important, it’s increasingly difficult to get CPD support in the NHS – not having to pay registration is at least one less hurdle to overcome.
These conferences are truly inspiring. I always benefit from learning about latest research and the topics covered are always interesting
As always we were provided with lots of information to help us improve our practice and manage complex care more effectively. I gained ideas for implementing new innovations. A well organised conference, where nothing is too much trouble, thank you